NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR VOLUME 9
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2017
Please submit only unpublished work; blogs are okay.
Electronic submissions are not accepted.
- Provide a separate cover sheet detailing your full name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. List the title of each work and its appropriate submissions category (poetry, prose, art, or music). Include the year the work was completed; for artwork, include the medium and dimensions.
- Compensation for accepted works includes two copies of the publication and recognition on the WMR website.
- Submissions will be reviewed by a committee of writers, editors, poets, and artists. Please notify the editor if your submission has been selected by another journal or publisher. Members of the Review’s steering committee and review boards may not submit their own work.
Poetry and Prose (fiction and nonfiction):
- Submit work on 8½ x 11 inches loose pages (not stapled or bound together), printed one side only with page numbers. Use 12-point type in Times New Roman or Courier, with 1½ line spacing. Do not show your name or address on the submission pages.
- 3,500 words maximum for each prose piece submitted. Indicate word count on each submission.
- Poems 25 lines or fewer are preferred, due to page count limitations.
Due to volunteer staffing limitations, we are unable to return submissions.
- Submit the art image as a good quality color print. Note the work title and indicate “top” or “bottom” on the back. If you need art returned, provide an SASE of adequate size with sufficient postage.
- Art selected for publication will require artist to provide a hi-resolution scan, 300 dpi, sized no less than 8½ x 11 inches.
- Composition may be submitted as a single 8½ x 11 inch page, high quality resolution to ensure legibility. Length of submission should not exceed four pages.
$10.00 per category (prose, poetry, art, or music); each fee includes up to 3 submissions per category. Include a check with your submissions; check should be made out to West Marin Review.
Mail submissions and fee to:
West Marin Review
Post Office Box 1302
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org